🎲 Reaction game
Project idea and code by: Torben Baunsø, microbit-i-skolen.dk
Try this fun game with your friends to find out who has the fastest reaction time!
Equipment needed for this project:
- Gamemaster: 1 micro:bit in 1 Wappsto:bit with a power source (we recommend using Wi-Fi, as it ensures low latency)
- Player A: 1 micro:bit with battery
- Player B: 1 micro:bit with battery
Your equipment could look like this! ⬇️
Time to crack the code! Gamemaster code:
4 custom values:
- Random number: the number players have to react on
- Can receive number communication with other micro:bits
- Point A & B: for keeping score!
- Press A: Generate a number between 1-4 and send “Can receive number” = 1 to the controllers
- Press A+B: Reset the score and controllers
- On radio received: Check if player A or B sent input and if correct or not, then assign a point
Gamemaster code ⬇️
4 actions – only active when Gamemaster generates a new number
It’s time to play!
Play directly from IoT devices on Wappsto.com or setup your own cool custom Dashboard!
Tip: Use Wappsto advanced setup blocks to setup a minimum and maximum value for the points, to show it neatly in the Gauge widget!
Challenge! – How will you improve the code?
How would you add sounds to make the game more interactive? Could we add more actions? What about shaking and light?
Learn together with Wappsto:bit
Start experimenting with fun projects
Contact by phone
(0045) 46 922 722
Contact by email