🔊 Noise detection!
How loud do your surroundings get and how often? 🔊📢🚨 it s time to find out with this Wappsto:bit sound sensor! When we’re done, you set the level you consider loud, and let it works its magic 😁
You could put it up in your classroom, and bargain a reward with your teacher if there is only noise once in a day!
This is a Expert project, if you find it too hard or too easy, you can always return to the projects overview and try another project 🙂
In this Wappsto:bit Academy project we will build a detector, using the sound sensor on the micro:bit
The program will keep count of how many times, sound level has exceeded the treshold.
We’ll be using 3 values:
- Sound level: What is the current sound level?
- Sound threshold: Decide what you consider a loud sound
- Counter: How many times has the sound level been higher than the sound threshold?
Setting your sound threshold!
- On the micro:bit: Press A and set to the current sound level.
- Wappsto: Set the desired state for the sound threshold.
Now you are ready to rock and roll! What will you use this for and how would you improve the code?
Get it on MakeCode
This is the view from the “IoT Devices” menu, where you can always, easily keep track of your devices.
Don’t Miss Out on Awesome Projects and News
Stay in the Loop and Join our Newsletter!
Learn together with Wappsto:bit
Start experimenting with fun projects
Contact by phone
(0045) 46 922 722
Contact by email